So you’d like to write for A Different Kind of Work? That’s fabulous! Thank you for thinking of us.
Guest posting is a great way to meet a new audience, increase traffic to your own site and to explore topics from new angles. In fact, Christine loves to guest post around the blogesphere herself so we know it’s a great idea.
Before you start writing your post, here are some things to consider to give you the best chance of being published.
A Different Kind of Work Posts are Relevant
Our blog’s focus is on supporting our people as they move through the uncertainty that is work life. We write for a very specific audience of smart professionals and aim to offer both inspiration to keep going as well as practical hands-on advice. It’s important that our posts help our readers thrive.
- Please make sure your post fits within the realm of work-life and purpose. Read some of our recent posts to get a feel for what our audience enjoys interacting with.
- We see our posts as conversation starters. Use your post as an opportunity to engage with our readers and get them talking and asking questions.
- Stay focussed. Please make sure your post stays relevant to the topic in hand and within the over-arching theme of work life and purpose.
A Different Kind of Work Posts are Well Written
Our audience is savvy and intelligent, and as such we pride ourselves on only publishing high-quality, well-written content. Our readers have come to expect only the best from us and your post must share that ethos.
- Be sure your post has a catchy headline and engaging opening to draw the reader in.
- The same goes for the closing. Ask a question or invite the reader to tell you something specific in the comments section. We like to engage with our readers.
- Read your post through (even better, read it out loud!) and check for typos and grammatical errors. Be sure to run it through the spell checker. It’s good practice to leave your post rest for a day or so before going back to it to check it again. That 24 hour thing is magic!
- We may edit your post for clarity or quality prior to publication. Please don’t be offended.
Want us to love you? Here are some more need to knows:
- At the end of your post, include a small paragraph crediting yourself as author. Make it fun and interesting and of course, include a link to your site and Twitter profile.
- Please include a link or two to a relevant post on our blog. You may also link out to other relevant posts on the web but no more than three links please.
- We don’t allow affiliate links in your post.
- No need to send in a picture for your post. We’ll handle that.
- Send your post to us as a .txt file and try to use HTML markup within your content. If you already write for your own WordPress blog, the easiest way to do this is to write it in your dashboard and then copy and paste the HTML into the ‘post content’ field of the form below.
- Your post must be your own original work that hasn’t been offered or published elsewhere. Feel free to publish an extract on your own site but the post in its entirety should not be published elsewhere.
Email us attaching the guest post you’d like to submit for review. Tell us a little about who you are and a link to your site or blog.
All posts are manually approved so please be patient. We’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Some days we don’t reply as quickly as we would like but we will reply and tell you if your submission has been approved.